Quaker Social Action (QSA) is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. This policy applies to information collected on this website.
QSA is the data controller of the personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you are under 16, always check with a parent or guardian before giving personal information to anyone online.
Your acceptance of this policy
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not give us your information and stop using this website.
Why we collect information
We collect information that:
- Lets us contact you if necessary;
- Lets us get in contact with you and provide accurate local information if you need it;
- Shows us how you are using the site so we can improve it;
- Helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people like you.
Some parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services, sign up for newsletters, get more information about our services or donate money to support us. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In most cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address to sign up for further information. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
What information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email;
- Personal data relating to the completion of online forms for example donations or training booking;
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use;
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services.
Use of postal addresses, phone numbers and email
If you enter your contact details into any of our online forms, we may use this information to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email email@example.com.
How we store and protect your personal data
Information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and payment transactions are encrypted. However, the transmission of information over the internet is never guaranteed to be 100% secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or the confidentiality of email; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation;
- For law enforcement purposes;
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- Ask us not to process your personal data;
- See information we hold about you;
- Ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected.
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to Quaker Social Action, 17 Old Ford Road, London, E2 9PJ. When we’re satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
Please read this policy in conjunction with the Quaker Social Action website terms and conditions.